[geeks] This Litle Green Monster...

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jan 23 10:50:35 CST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:46:34 -0500
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Yeah, but an Alpha just isn't the same as an Octane.
[...]
> For one thing, is there even any officially supported way, on any OS,
> by any vendor, to get SDI video in and out?
That is a quite special need. I use this machine only for the usual day
to day stuff like runing a MUA, web browser, building and developing
software, viewing PDFs and PS files, ... I even don't do any 3D work. My
PWS 500au Alpha served me for this tasks very well for two years. Then I
got "bored", needed a new toy and it happend to be this Octane. :-)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen