[geeks] GarageBand test

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 19 09:50:43 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:09:08AM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On the other hand, my experience is likely close to 8+ years out of
> date, so maybe things have changed a lot.  After all, they didn't have
> cool toys like Line6 Pods back then (I think...).

My main concern is that Apple's "guitar adapter" seems to be a plain generic
Monster Cable-brand 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.  Are these *safe* to run a normal
electric guitar into a Mac's Audio-In?

I tried to do this with my guitar and my stereo's line-in interface about 15
years ago and blew up a set of speakers.. 8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net