[geeks] this is sick.

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Jan 16 17:39:00 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Something I kludged up out of the junk closet when $ork ordered a brand new
> SunFire V240 with no CD-ROM drive:
>
> V240 -> VHDCI-to-50pin-Centronics cable -> Centronics-to-HD50pin dongle ->
>  Sun 411 case with Toshiba 12x CD-ROM transplanted in
>
> Its ugly, but by god:
>
> {0} ok probe-scsi-all
> /pci at 1c,600000/scsi at 2,1
> Target 6
>   Unit 0   Removable Read Only device    TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5701TA0167
>
> IT WORKS. 8-)

Sounds like my original Sun 13w3->HD15->Mac video get up:

13w3->BNC->BNC Fem/Fem barrels w/a "T" connector on black
& grey to go to the 4BNC HD15 side to the 5BNC sparc side.
Then toss in an HD15->Mac video adaptor with sync settings
so I could force the Mac to sync at the highest Sun
resolution.  Nice "Franken Cable" to go with the Franken
Mac of the period--a IIsi with the top off so the two
extra hard drives could be cabled in.  I couldn't crib any
SCSI cases from the UNIX admins since they were all using
them on servers in those days of "just getting to" 4GB
disks.  (That was back in my first line support days).

Be careful not to trip or knock anything off.

=Nadine=