[geeks] test

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 15 22:27:05 CST 2004

On Jan 15, 2004, at 11:12 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

>> setting up the G5
>
> Subtle brag there, Kurt.  ;-)

Heh.  :)

OS X on a DP machine is really nice.  On most systems when you fire up
the distributedfolding.com client, you need to start one instance of it
per processor.  Not so on OS X, both procs get pegged at 100%
utilization with just one instance running.  Never mind being able to
do all sorts of $real_work in the foreground while it's running.

Mail.app positively *flies* - it's kinda sluggish on my 900Mhz iBook.

I gotta find something to really tax the entire system, not just the
CPU.
--
Kurt Huhn
kurt at k-huhn.com