[geeks] I love sundays (dumpsters love me)

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sun Feb 22 15:28:10 CST 2004

Drove saturday by this a dumpster. Did not have my flashlight with me
so I dediced to go this
morning and check it out. It was well worth it!

I found about 10 laptops (toshiba and compaqs) mostly pentiums.
IBM 17" LCD Monitor working great (my new monitor now)
IBM Netfinity 5000 Server with a weird processor inside. The cpu on the
outside says P2 but it is a P3 533mhz (also says intel confidential on
it).
Cisco AS5200 Dialup router with 48 56k modems and 2 T1 inputs
About 10 different boards for a Cisco 7000 series router (high speed
serial, rpc2's and so on)
14 port Cabletron switch
HP LR/Pro server with 6 * 4gb drives and dual ppro
APC 1200 UPS, APC 1000 UPS
There was an Matrix 3000 UPS but it was to heavy. Could not get it out.
4 * 4U Rackmount server. Missing most bits. Mainly Pentium's but the
cases are
usefull.
Digital Graphics Workstation ppro. Labeled something GL.
HP Print Server (never use)

And ton's of random bits and pieces like raid controllers, power
supplys, harddisks.

All in all worth it. Besides the imploded monitors that also where in
the dumpster it was a lot
of fun digging arround.