[geeks] FYI - Low Cost Postscript printer in US

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 20 14:55:40 CST 2004

> From: Nadine Miller <vraptor at promessage.com>
> Date: 2004/02/20 Fri PM 08:40:05 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] FYI - Low Cost Postscript printer in US
> I think they are about the same volume.  Iirc the HP LJ 4 & 5's
> have a smaller "footprint" but are taller, while the HP LJ 3's
> are "squatter".
>
> I have the HP LJ3 "in hand", so that is a bit of a prevailing
> factor.

What about: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10342857&loc=101&sp=1

Samsung network printer, w/Duplex & Postscript  and 1200 x 1200 resolution for about $450... Dunno how size compares though.

I think all duplex-capable printers are pretty big, having very similar footprints (though the height/volume varies)...

Old HP printers are great (I have a LJ4MV I need to get back online (11x17 capable!), once my wife gets her home office back together) - they just keep working... I also have an HP 4M+ that just keeps working as well...