[geeks] Solaris on x86 (was Fedora funky-ness...)

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Tue Feb 17 11:56:24 CST 2004

If you have one of these:

    * Linksys Instant Wireless PC Card, Model WPC11
    * Netgear 802.11b Wireless PC Card, Model MA401
    * Orinoco PC Card Silver

Lynnsoft has a driver (altough it cost $):
http://www.lynnsoft.com/solaris.htm

I also hear that Sun is talking to IHVs left and right and support is
forthcoming. Also, Centrino support is in the works and definitely in
Sol 10. Another possibility is using a NetBSD driver and porting it to
Solaris. I'm assuming there are wireless drivers for NetBSD... (it's
relatively easy to port NetBSD drivers, it's not worth the effort to
port FreeBSD or Linux drivers - might as well start from scratch).

Francois