[geeks] new guitar

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Mon Feb 16 11:13:59 CST 2004

> > I like it, and my hands know it.  The electronics could use an overhaul,
> > and that wouldn't cost too much, but the neck has also developed a
> > slight twist, and while it's not a major problem right now, I'm hesitant
> > to invest in a guitar that is starting to have neck problems.
>
> Take it to a proper guitar shop and pay $50 (or less) for a proper setup
> job, and they should be able to fix the neck twist.

Indeed.  The 54 Gibson I keep trying to find time to learn to play was the same way.  I paid about $75 to have it cleaned, re-strung, and straigtened by a local well-known mom and pop guitar shop.

Now if I could only fit it in the priority list somewhere.  I have a feeling I have to grow a little to bend time to make that happen...  ;-)

Mike