[geeks] holy shit, snow

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Feb 14 10:29:11 CST 2004

Steven Hill wrote:

>Oh god, don't leave the house until that is clear...
>
>If most Austinites try to drive normally in snow, there will be carnage.

My girlfriend who lives in El Paso was in an accident yesterday morning
(actually two) because people down there don't know how to drive with
snow/ice on the roads (or probably moreso because the city doesn't know
how to handle clearing the roads).  Her car was hit by a car that had
just been hit by a third car, and slid to the side of the road.  She got
out of the car to inspect the damage to the front end of her car when
yet another car hit the rear end of her car, knocking it into her, and
her into the air.  She landed on a sidewalk.  Amazingly, she walked away
with only scrapes and bruises, was taken to the hospital, and released
within an hour.  I'm waiting to see the pictures of her car, apparantly,
witnesses and police were amazed that she was alive.

    -Dan Sikorski