[geeks] Aaarrrggghhh!!!

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Feb 13 16:25:33 CST 2004

> So yesterday turns out to be a crappy day.  My wife's purse got stolen out of

That sucks BIG TIME..

<snip>

> get the money and credit cards in her purse only, in this day and age of
> identity theft I don't want to take any risks), as well as dealing with the

Darn good idea.  Wish I could send a bad karma cruise missle at that lowlife.

> insurance companies (home -- for her personal contents of her purse and the
> auto -- to get them to determine whether they'll help pay for rekeying the
> minivan -- this guy's got my wife's address from her driver's license as well
> as the keys to her minivan...theoretically he could just drive up in the middle
> of the night and take it).

I'd take a few vital fuses out of the fuse box in the engine compartment
(like the BIG one for the engine).

<snip>

> account because it's no longer valid.  What's funny was that whenever the
> person over at the credit card company would ask "is there anything else I
> could do for you?" I would answer, "Yeah, find the lowlife that stole my
> wife's purse and get it back for us."

I'd like to see that happen.

> This is gonna cost us about $1000
> (both deductibles on homeowner's and car is $500) to recover from.  Damn.

Not only did you get robbed, you get robbed twice.

> P.S. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I really can't speak for anyone else but I don't mind.  Hope everthing works out
for the best.  It's a "life experience" that no oner needs.  As far as the person
who did that, I can only think of three words...retroactive birth control.