[geeks] Wireless AP

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Feb 12 15:44:17 CST 2004

> I avoid linksys like the plague - it has the Cisco logo, but not the quality.

I guess it depends.  The Linksys wired firewall/router I bought was terrible,
but the Linksys WAP11 is one of the better APs that are available.  Match it
up the the WSB24 signal booster and it's hard to beat for an 802.11b-only
solution.

I did replace it with a USR 802.11g router that supports 108Mbps.  It has
even better range and I can usually get 54M or better at the far end of
the house.  I'm not using the built-in firewall, though, so I don't know
how well that part works.

--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net