[geeks] Wireless AP

David Selders david.selders at malleable.org
Thu Feb 12 12:54:30 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 01:32:32PM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> In what way is your current unit failing?
>
> /KRM

It's been really flakey the last couple of weeks.  I thought it was the
wireless card in my laptop, so I replaced it and it worked great until
last night.  I have tried all the channels with the same result.  It
will work for a minute or two at most and then start a cycle of
disconnect and connect.  When it is working for that minute or so it's
extremely slow.  I'm wondering if it's not some sort of interferance.
I'm running on a windows laptop(belongs to $WORK) so I ran netstumbler
to see what other networks were "visible" in the area.  I only came
across one and it was a very week signal.  So I'm kind of at a loss as
to whats going on.

--
David