[geeks] Cellular data services

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 10 00:54:36 CST 2004

On tax 10, 2004, at 01:42, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Does anyone have experience using a data service from a cellular
> provider?

I tried T-Mobile's GPRS service this past summer, and found it easy to
set up and simple to use. I was testing with a bluetooth phone (Nokia
N-Gage), which was also simple to set up.

They have a $20/month unlimited data plan if you tack it on to a voice
plan, or $30/month without voice.
http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet

I wouldn't much want to do it through a cable, but they do offer a
PCMCIA card if your guy's not Bluetoothed yet.
http://www.t-mobile.com/products/default.asp?class=data

I'll be signing up for the unlimited data when I get back to the
States. I have to say, I've been with a number of mobile providers over
the years, and T-Mobile seems to be the only one whose service gets
better as time goes by. Their Customer service is very good, and their
price plans actually get cheaper. If you couldn't tell, /me *heart*
T-Mobile.

---sambo