[geeks] Re: OSX and remote console

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 6 18:11:12 CST 2004

Nadine said:

"Thanks for the pointer, Bill, but that link is
broken.  If you google for "XFree86Complete-4.2-10.2.sit"
it's in another place on the Aus/Mac site.  This
is what you will get if you fink install X.

This is the OS X Gnu version of XFree86, not Apple's
X software.  I am fairly certain Apple removed the
link to Apple' X software for 10.2 when 10.3 was
released."

Some nice person let me download the X11 client and SDK software for OS X
10.2 after Apple pulled them from their site (they got pulled when 10.3 was
released). Unfortunately the software license prohibits distribution from
other sites, but if anybody here needs a copy of either they can email me
off-list and I'll help out.

Otherwise, if you find a copy elsewhere on the net, the cksum for the
genuine files should match the following:

3826510025 43799670 X11UserForMacOSX.dmg

1702478120 4067776 X11SDKForMacOSX.dmg

Regards,

Gavin