[geeks] DVD CD

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:28:36 CST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:56:46 -0500 (EST), Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can burn a DVD file system to a CDR and
> have it work in a normal DVD player.  This is of course assuming
> that the DVD image is small enough to fit on CD.
>
> I've dd'ed a DVD to my drive and the image is just 480 megs ( a
> friend skydiving, short video.)  I just want to know if i can
> burn it to CD and have them play it in a regular DVD player or
> does it actually have to go onto a DVD medium?

Not sure, but, it's worth a try given the low cost of CDs...who cares
if you get a coaster?

Two of the most complete sites for DVD stuff I've seen are:

http://www.videohelp.com/
http://www.doom9.org/

Alternatively, consider making it a VCD, though not all DVD players
will be able to play those (but most modern ones should).

=Nadine=