[geeks] linksys befw11s4 as a simple WAP

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 9 20:35:34 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Francois Dion wrote:

> I was kind of hoping there is a way to get the "wan" connector to act
> just like the WAP11 (or one of the other, doesn't matter) and the
> device to just act as a plain wireless bridge. I've switched the mode
> from "gateway" to "bridge" but apparently this doesn't work like I
> tought.

What I've done with my Netgear is plug the LAN side of wireless "firewall"
into my firewall (the port for the wireless leg of the network) and set
the IP address for the Netgear radio manually.  It just acts like an
access point, now.  It whines that its uplink is down, but it's just
ignorant. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (  cause it was recommended...as I don't care if a program