[geeks] virtual desktops and .xinitrc

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Dec 8 13:10:32 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:13:59PM -0500, DAVID CUMMINGS wrote:
> Hey all,
>     I've been stuck with this for a while now, figured I'd try the list. Is there any way to specify desktops when starting apps in .xinitrc? xprop gives me all the info i need, geometries and which desktop it's on, but this looks like lisp, and I haven't got a clue how to pass that to my WM. Any clues/links would be greatly appreciated

This is window-manager specific.  I could tell you how to do it in fvwm,
but if you're not using fvwm, that won't help you.

For a general solution, try calculating absolute geometry from screen 1
(for example, on a 1600x1200 desktop, 2400x1800 is the center of virtual
desktop 1,1).

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net