[geeks] Misc goofiness

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Dec 3 18:13:53 CST 2004

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 @ 14:33 -0500, Kevin said:

> from http://www.leoplanet.net/indexns.html

[snip bullcrap]

> WTF?

He's a moron, and that's being kind.

> As on my page, DHTML scripts didn't work in Navigator, and they had to
> be replaced with older javascripts, which were almost quadruple the
> length of their Explorer counterparts. In other areas, the special
> effects had to be toned down for the sake of Navigator's lack of
> graphical layers and ability to display background images in individual
> table cells while a javascript was running in the foreground of the
> cell.

He's not interested in WWW design, he wants to do DTP or game graphics,
like a lot of other idiots who create nearly unusable web pages.

We all like for a site to look nice of course, but I am so damned tired
of graphics heavy sites that are so screwed up you can't even do a
simple cut-and-paste with them.  That's assuming you don't give up
"navigating" them before finding what you need.

> Quite simply put, Navigator refuses to give in to the Internet Explorer
> compatible code that 99% of other internet users are using to retrieve
> and display webpages. And as long as Netscape chooses to be as
> "different" as can be, then there can be no solution, at least for my
> site.

...and yet more stupidity.  I can't believe a 'Softhead has the
overwhelming gall to slam someone else for being "different".

Of course, I'll also take this time to point out that Netscape and
Mozilla are doing/have done some amazingly stupid things, and the
WWW in general is a screwed up mess.

Still, that doesn't excuse this.

If you are going to support only one browser, at least be honest about
it, and give viewers the option of trying to look at it anyway.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if