[geeks] SAN opinions

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 13:00:45 CST 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:12:00 -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> servers.  Dell sells rebadged EMC products, which from my
> understanding mostly has a reputation for being overpriced. While
> price is not the only concern, i don't want to waste money.  What does
> the geeks collective reccomend?

I'm not sure about over priced, or it would be unlikely that I'd have
one at work to play with. It's possible that Dell shaves off the excess
cost when they re-badge it. Mind you I don't much like the stupid
webified java thing you're supposed to use to manage it. It's
sufficiently badly designed that the command line is almost as easy to
use.