[geeks] Creator 3D graphics on a Sony 400PS

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sun Aug 8 10:10:41 CDT 2004

On Sunday, August 8, 2004, at 09:51 AM, Mike Hebel wrote:
> I did finally find this link via Google:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4gdmh
>
> It has the specs and manual in PDF if you don't have those.

Two things of note from the PDF files:

1) It says the monitor has Synch-On-Green.  If this is accurate you're
going to have a hell of a time getting it to work on Sun.

2) It notes in one of the manual pages that if you use it as a generic
DDC monitor you _must_ use the VGA input not the BNC.

These things lead me to believe that the monitor is going to have a
synch-on-green problem using the BNC connectors.  Probably because the
BNC connectors have different input circuitry.  Basically the
multisynch is only on the VGA side and you have to force it on the BNC
side.  If your experience tells you differently then so be it but I
think you're secretly dealing with a different beasty than you think
you are.

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight