[geeks] Creator 3D graphics on a Sony 400PS

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Aug 7 16:00:05 CDT 2004

I have a Sun Ultra1 and since it has a Creator graphics card, I wanted
to boot it up in graphics mode to see how well this card does.

I hooked the card up to the BNC connectors on the back of my Sony
Multiscan 400PS, which is supposed to sync almost anything, but
it doesn't work.

I used a 13W3->BNC video cable that was sold as being for Sun video
cards.

At a previous job I had a very similar Sony monitor hooked up like this
and it worked fine, and I don't remember doing anything special to make
it work, unless it was the cable that was different.

When I switch to BNC input (front-panel switch) it says the signal is
out of range, or it syncs to something but the screen is just blank.

Any ideas?

Is it possible that I should *not* hook all of the BNC connections up,
or maybe swap the sync cables?  The monitor has 5 BNC connections,
colors and two sync channels.

Most of the Sun video FAQs talk a lot about everything except which
monitors can accept Sun video signals.

The monitor should be more than capable of handling the timing.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.