[geeks] UPS Battery

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Apr 30 19:06:44 CDT 2004

> It's time to replace the battery in my UPS anybody have any suggestions
> for a place to pick one up.  APC wants way way to much money for the
> battery.

I don't know where you're located but in this part of NJ I've gotten
reasonably priced one in a local electronics store (NOT Radio Shack).
IIRC, a 12V 7A for about $25 and a 6V 6A for about $20.  I don't
know how this compares to APC but I sometimes get a discount due
being a steady customer and a ham radio operator.  IF you need
the name, I can give it to you.  I don't know about shipping
(geez, lead.  Might be heavy.)