[geeks] FT: Micro-ATX mobo/cpu/RAM/NIC/CDROM/SCSI/video bundles

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 29 23:51:43 CDT 2004

I've got two MicroATX form-factor x86 motherboards (with all parts to
populate them) up for trade.

Motherboards are Gemlight GMB-P6BIMG, Slot-1, with an Intel 440BX chipset,
AGP video, 3 PCI slots, 1 shared ISA slot, onboard Yamaha sound, 1 parallel
port, 2 serial ports, 2 USB ports.  New in box with driver CD (stuff
detected automatically by Win2K/XP/RHL), IDE cables, and Slot-1 retainer
bracket.

I got them from another list member (John Ruschmeyer) a month and a half
ago, and haven't had the time or budget to build them into complete
firewall/ NAT appliance boxes like I'd planned due to work schedules.

Included with each board:

	Slot-1 Pentium II 400Mhz CPU (100Mhz FSB) with heat sink
		(will take up to a P3-500Mhz)
	128M PC100 SDRAM (2 x 64M sticks) or better
	3Com 3C509 10/100 PCI Ethernet NIC
	Matrox Millenium 4M PCI video card
	IDE CD-ROM drive
	Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI card of some sort
		(might be UW, might not, depending on what I've got available)

I *might* also be able to come up with some smallish IDE hard drives to
toss in with everything else.  So, add a MicroATX case, and there you go.

Would like to trade for one of the following:

- Lite-On LDW-411S DVD+/-RW burner ($69 at newegg.com)
- Complete (CPU/RAM/HD/NIC/CDROM/video) x86 rackmount box, >= 300Mhz
- Small form-factor x86 system (micro-tower or similar)
- Older iBook or PowerBook G3 that will run OS X
- Cisco networking equipment (older PIX, 10/100 switch, etc)

Got something interesting?  Make me an offer.  I'd just like to turn this
(growing) pile of parts into something neat, interesting, or that I can
use for something other than taking up space in my office.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas