[geeks] [rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware) -OT

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Apr 28 19:05:46 CDT 2004

> So build deadman failsafes into the laser/microwave; the beam can't
> operate unless the aiming parameters are within a reasonable tolerance.
>   More, force it into a reset where the operator _must_ review and do a
> manual reset / review and perhaps have a supervisor sign off on the
> operation before it can be turned back on.
>
> And it still wouldn't help the perception issue, I know.

How about synchonous satellites over the equator teathered by carbon nanotube
cables which carry the "juice".  I know they can be make to superconduct
but I don't know the effect on their tensile strength.  Some a-hole will
probably hit them with his airplane.  Oh hell, just build a Dyson sphere
and get it over with....