[geeks] [rescue] Computerfests

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Apr 28 18:42:32 CDT 2004

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > Or ... with less intense energy .. illumination.  SAR efforts in
> > particular might benefit if you could magically light up an area you're
> > searching in.
>
> That's a small step from generating instant sunlight as desired
> for growing crops, which I think is a very bad idea.  I'm not a big
> fan of major climate change.  Every so often someone here suggests
> a major water pipeline to deliver water from places that have
> too much and I just cringe.  Watering the desert mucks up all
> sorts of things.

Not to mention that it evaporates leaving behind dissolved minerals and
will eventually make that desert unable to support any life no matter
how much water you pour into it.  I always felt that that may an
underlying concern in the middle east since farmland from deserts
may crap out in a few decades.