[geeks] [rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware) -OT

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Apr 28 16:19:44 CDT 2004

" From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
"
" I like nuclear.  I've always felt the waste should be shoved back
" into the same uranium mine it came from in the first place.  The
" place is ALREADY radioactive and the stuff you're putting back
" has LESS radioactivity than it did when you pulled it out.  What's
" the problem?

better would be to -use- that high-level 'waste', instead of dumping
it.

" [0]  True story.  One of the guys ended up in the hospital after
" another guy threw a hammer at his face from quite a distance.  The
" company was investigating to determine whether they would be calling
" the police after they fired his ass until they heard his side of the
" story.  They had been working on one of the pipelines and broke for
" lunch at which time hospital boy had started to light a cigarette.
" That hammer probably saved the lives of the entire crew and was deemed
" acceptable behavior.

i can believe it.  i've heard similar, though not as violent.