[geeks] WOT: Lienies (was RE: [rescue] Cheapest Cray?)

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Tue Apr 27 15:28:24 CDT 2004

>    And since Miller bought Leinekugel's -- which I *still* can't get out
> here, much less Summit -- that means those systems are the only things
> left to see in that town. :7(
> -wde

Actually while Miller may be the owner, the company is still run by the
family and if you stop in at the new much larger visitors center it is
still very likely for you to end up having a beer with Jake. The
physical plant received a much needed boost of capital and they replaced
all the near worn out kegs with Miller standard kegs but otherwise they
are pretty much left to their own devices. Oh and they do have use of
one of the plants in Milwaukee for brewing all the seasonal beers they
have come out with over the past few years. All in all, Lienies is one
of the (few?) things Miller has consistently done right.

Just another beer hound born in Eau Claire. I miss Walter's but Lienies
will sort of do...

Any follow-ups should be to Geeks, I'd think.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.