[geeks] [rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 27 09:15:36 CDT 2004

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 @ 02:20 +0000, Lionel Peterson said:

> > From: Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net>
> > Date: 2004/04/27 Tue AM 01:49:31 GMT
> > To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> > Subject: Re: [geeks] [rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server
> >

> > Speaking of Pintos... I always wanted to soup up and remove the
> > problems from a Pinto hatchback.  I saw one the other day in gorgeous
> > shape.  I kind of like the way they look.

> There were some nice, small cars in the '70s - Like Vega, Nova, and
> Pinto - they were too common to be collectable at the time, now they
> are too odd to be appreciated...

Vega looked kind of nice, but was a rust bucket.

Nova was a mid-sized car.

Pinto... ick.  Hated them, but have to admit they were tough little
cars.  So was the Maverick.

I always marveled how the US built small cars: small body usually poorly
designed, small engine, full sized transmission.

Always made it look like a half-hearted effort.

> I also like mid-60s Thunderbirds - the small ones with the tilt-away
> steering wheel, like in Thelma & Louise...

I like those too.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if