[geeks] This is bad but tempting

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 01:35:57 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:19:39 -0700, N. Miller wrote:
> Given the spammers' bank accounts, and the criminal and national
> elements of other world superpowers (I use the term loosely) that

Whilst the enemies of the US are undoubtedly watching what is happening
(and making notes), I don't see the current situation as anything more
than an alliance between spammers and script kiddies.

> Think about the potential of this combined with another vector,
> such as a concerted effort to eliminate information security
> experts...

Already happened ... last year most of the BL operators were suffering
massive DDoSes and more than a few ceased operation. Unfortunately many
of the big NSPs didn't feel like co-operating in stopping the attacks
(making too much money from the traffic I suppose), and law enforcement
wasn't interested ... it wasn't costing anyone enough money.