[geeks] Terragen

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 21 22:43:38 CDT 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> After a slew of desert and highland scenes, I'm currently working on
> rendering something Mars-like ....
>
> I assume things like vegetation and snow cover are supposed to be done
> with child surfaces.

That's the way I used to do it a few years ago.  Create a bunch of
child surfaces and mix things up a bit.  I need to dig out my old
images and compare them to stuff I create with the new Terragen.

What's *really* cool about this, is that the author, years ago, swore
up and down that Terragen would be a Windows app forever and ever - and
had no plans to port to any other OS.  I'm *very* happy to see that
that's not the case any more.  :)

--
Kurt Huhn
kurt at k-huhn.com