[geeks] VIM color schemes

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 15 11:41:50 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:23:50AM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
> I've never been able to get my head around the colored text of vim, or
> emacs.  I've always liked editing in black and white.

I like it mostly for HTML editing, because it catches missing brackets,
tags, etc.  For emails and such, I don't care for it.

(I spent way too much time in Turbo Pascal's IDE back in the day..)

> For that matter, I don't really like vim either.  The vi I learned on
> was good ole BSD vi (now nvi).  The key-bindings and some behaviors in
> vim that I rely on in nvi are just different enough to make me get very
> cranky.

I used "normal" vi up until a couple of months ago, when I had a machine
fast enough to fire up vim without a perceptible speed difference from
starting up "normal" vi.

Bill

--
bill bradford