[geeks] HD data recovery recommendations?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 10 00:23:10 CDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> That's odd... I had a drive that was toasted inside firewire
> enclosure... the board had a charred hole in it and apparently had let
> out magic smoke.  I replaced the drive for the customer... then popped
> the disk out of the enclosure... the disk was fine and is now happily
> in my Pismo.  (60 GB of goodness).

Kountry Mike had a similar experience.  All I did was pull the drive
out, let it cool down, plug it in elsewhere, and recover his data.  I
came out of that one with him thinking I could walk on water. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."