[geeks] HD data recovery recommendations?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 10 00:21:42 CDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> So, who makes the best 7200RPM, 8meg-cache 3.5" ATA100 drives nowdays?

Western Digital Special Edition.  Beware, though, they've cut their
warranty to 1 year, unless you pay $15 to get the warranty upgraded to
their old 3-year warranty.

> I'm tempted to go SATA, but I doubt it would perform any better in the
> system I've got now (dual 867Mhz G4).

Well, it depends on what your chains look like.  If the big drive will
be sharing the ATA bus with something else, SATA will probably be
faster.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."