[geeks] online banking

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Fri Apr 9 18:08:47 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:15:15PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> I got this message when i tried to log onto my online banking
> website today.
>
> "The iPlanet Application Server at (172.18.79.31, 10818) is not
> available. Check if iAS has been started"
>
> That's tells a bit more info than i would think they would want
> blurted out there, internal IPs and port numbers.  iPlanet is a
> Sun web/application server right?  Anyone know what "iAS" stands
> for?

Yup, it's Sun, although it's now called the Java Application Server
(going from iPlanet to Java via SunONE Application Server - gotta love
our marketing department).

That error is configurable. I'd guess it defaults to having so much
information to reduce support calls, but I would hope a bank would
read the manual enough to know how to change it...

  Scott.