[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 05:11:53 CDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:12:14 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 06:55:05AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > Will someone just come out and accuse the president/congress of
> > treason?
>
> I'd be glad to accuse them of treason, if I thought (a) anyone would

Now that *would* be a court case worth watching.

As I understand it under English law, you can bring private prosecutions
that would normally be brought by the crown (in name anyway ... the
Queen doesn't actually get involved). Assuming that there's a US
equivalent, that would be probably the only possible avenue for this.

It certainly would be an interesting way of redressing the balance of
power between the government and the people!