[geeks] Fire protection for home server rooms

Charles Redmond charlie250y at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 3 19:21:49 CST 2004

One of my concerns with all my operational hardware
has been fire protection, Esp.  given the age that
some of my systems are now getting to. (e.g.
DECstation 2100).

My only close calls have been from an old TV and a
VT320
that both decided start pouring smoke at some point.

Now, I do take some precautions. I have no "clone"
quality hardware, and that applies to monitors as well
as  cases. Also, all monitors are turned off when I
leave the building or go off to sleep.
But what thoughts do others have on this?

Charles

http://au.movies.yahoo.com