[geeks] $2 Billion MS Bucks for Sun!?!?!

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sat Apr 3 07:55:57 CST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 08:41:26AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> It's kind of odd how that knife only seems to cut just that one
> direction.  Though I suppose MS doesn't make computers.

Exactly,  but you can expect to see Sun pushing more and more hardware
vendors to certify their hardware with Solaris - with at least one such
major announce on it's way...

The far more depressing news to come out of Sun in the past few days
is that it looks like we're about to cut 3,300 jobs (about 9%). :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46497-2004Apr2.html

  Scott.