[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 04:22:36 CST 2004

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:56:00 -0800, N. Miller wrote:
> Only because the British were too civilized to start shooting the
> unarmed in large quantities.

Or because we couldn't afford to combat a widescale insurrection at the
time ?

> Don't think the US gov't would have that
> qualm if the
> vultures in DC felt their "entitlements" to be in jeopardy.  To wit:

Well they might order their minions to put down an insurrection, but
that doesn't necessarily mean the order would be obeyed.

> Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco...  Not all that much political pressure

I've not heard of Ruby Ridge (I'll google for it later), but in the
other two cases you've got relatively small numbers of people (wasn't KS
less than 10K?) that the FBI/State Troopers(?) were alienated from. Or
in other words would the troopers at KS been so enthusiastic if the
people they were facing might have included their wives, sons,
daughters, parents, neighbours ?