[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Nick nick at pelagiris.org
Fri Apr 2 12:55:10 CST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:26:05PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> A democracy, due to human nature, rewards bad decisions.  Take a poll of
> 100 computer users.  Ask them if they're entitled to $1k out of Michael
> Dell's and Bill Gates' pockets for all the shit they've put up with.
> Regardless of what license agreements they've agreed to (specifically
> disclaiming responsibility[1]), more than 50% will probably say "yes".
> Take a poll of people and ask them if the top 10 richest people in
> America have "too much" money.  More than 50% will probably say "yes".

If they earned the money honestly without abuseing the law?  Sure they
can have it all.  If they commit crimes to gain the money?  Fuck em.
How many of the top ten ritchest do you honestly belive came by all
their wealth honestly?  I know damn straight Bill Gates would be deeply
in debt if he played by the rules.  The other thing I have a problem
with is Managment.  I understand it's required.  I understand that it
can be hard.  Is it *really* 100 million dollars per year hard?  I don't
think so.  I dunno, am I wrong?
	Nick