[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 1 15:52:45 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I have thought EXACTLY this myself for many years.  This particularly
> applies to the Presidency -- anyone who wants to become the President of
> the world's only hyperpower badly enough to spend anywhere from 40 to
> (reportedly) 170 million dollars to get to the Oval Office, is probably
> the absolute *LAST* person you want there.

It's certainly a symptom of powerlust.

> Another thing I've considered is the passage of a Constitutional
> amendment stating that if you are in elected office and you write or
> sponsor a bill that is ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of
> the US or of your state, you are immediately removed from office and
> permanently barred from running for public office again.

Yes, yes, yes!

However, it would essentially give the surpeme court the power to end
the careers of legislators they dislike purely out of spite.

That's the problem with people.  There are no easy solutions, because,
"Don't be a dick" is just too much for some people to comprehend.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."