[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 1 14:49:33 CST 2004

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 @ 09:53 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > Silly me, expecting my representatives to have a brain and give a damn.
>
> Yes, quite.  Silly common-folk, for not giving enough of a damn to be in
> screaming revolt over it, too.

Agreed.  I have tried to be one, but every time I stand up, wether in
government or just at work, I do so alone.

You learn quickly who your friends are and who is worth the oxygen they
use up when you stand up.

> The largest sweeping piece of legislature in the history of this
> country comes across and grants innumerable new powers to the federal
> government to save us all from the nasty terrorists, and Congress
> doesn't even read it before passing it.

Long before this, I've thought Congress was the opposite of Progress,
and have thought they should almost all be in prison for what they've
done.

> Forget about Shrub, we need to get the other 500-or-so bumbling idiots
> out of there.  I'm certainly not voting for any of my representatives
> or senators that voted "yes" on that snow-job.

Isn't there a website which tracks the voting record?  I used to have it
bookmarked.

Of course, sometimes there aren't any alternative choices.

I think we should stop voting for lawyers myself, and also forbid anyone
to become a professional politician.

What we need in the legislative and executive branch are doctors,
policemen, programmers, farmers, engineers, and all kinds of
different professions, temporarily doing a "tour of duty" in
government.

Permanent positions tend to create the wrong kind of environment and
people.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every