[geeks] HELP -- Anyone got a spare external USR Courier, V.32 or better?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Sep 23 22:23:37 CDT 2003

My trusty USR Courier external V.Everything (for values of "everything"
stopping at V.32/V.42/V.42bis) got zapped by an unlucky lightning strike
a few months back, despite line filters, and we had to replace it with a
USR Sportster (all we could find).  Now the damned Sportster, barely two
months old, is already on the fritz -- it won't go back on-hook after
dsconnecting -- and we have no other means of 'net access for the N
weeks (or months?) it takes USR to repair or replace it under warranty.
We don't have the money to just throw it away and buy a new one (though
I suppose with two Sportsters, we could use'em in rotation as they
cycled in and out of customer service).

If anyone has a spare Courier external....?