[geeks] background check software

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Sep 20 18:33:33 CDT 2003

Hi,

I need to do a background check on someone in Canada. I'd like to do it
for free or if I have to purchase software. Any ideas or recemondations?

The reason I need to do it is someone posted a message announcing a new
"business consulting" business on a private mailing list where commercial
postings are not allowed. The person was NOT named, however a link to
a website was posted.

Someone else responded with a somewhat sarcastic remark, removing the
the website address.

I responded with more sarcasm and some notes about business development.
Never mentioning his name or website.

He threatened to sue me.

While I know that he has no grounds for it, I would prefer to avoid a suit
in case he meant it as a way of extorting money from me.

I've done some checks and found that he lived in Canada for many years
after moving there from Peru. In 2002, he and his family became religious
and moved to Israel.

His web site contains nothing even a month old. No verifiable details
before his arrival in Israel and no listing of all the business he
supposedly founded.

Personal comments from people in his neighborhood were all negative.

My guess is that he changed his first name to a Hebrew one, and as we
say here "put on a black hat" (became ultra-orthodox) and moved here as
a way of avoiding the law, Revenue Canada, or an irate investor(s).

If that is the case and I can find anything out about him, such as a
criminal record, outstanding judgments, etc I'll get rid of him once
and for all. Not only for me but as a service to the community.

I've thought of taking his pictures from his web site of himself in a
black hat, shooting an UZI and Kalashnakof, and puttting them together
with his current name, address and phone number and faxing them to the
RCMP, Revenue Canada, and the Solicitor General of Canada annonomusly.

However, if I can find out details it would be better because if he just
is an idiot, I'd rather leave him alone if he leaves me alone.

Thanks, Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: geoffrey_mendelson at hotmail.com (Not for email)