[geeks] Sony 90w11 jitter and blur

rob rob at dsvr.net
Wed Sep 17 16:25:17 CDT 2003

Hi,

My Sony 90w11 has been experiencing a little problem.

Some of the time the picture at 1920x1200 or 1600x1024 is nice a clear.
Suddenly however the image shakes[1] a little and the image just drops
out of focus a tiny but noticable bit. It seems come in and out of focus
all the time.

I don't think the image shake is directly related to this focus problem,
but none of the controls have any affect.

The problem persists with both the HD15 and 13W3 inputs, so that rules
out cabel.

I'm thinking power irregularities as a final guess, either coming in
from my home supply (thru a crappy 6 way) or PSU ; I'm hoping it's not
terminal. Has anyone seen this before, or are there any CTR buffs out
there? If it's widget X on it's way out, then I'd probably get it repaired.

Help

Best regards,

Rob

[1] shake is about the best word I can think of. Imagine a still image
that seems to snap back and forth as if the gun(s) width and height
changed a few micro degrees then just as you think you've seen something
go back. It might do this once, then it might do it in quick succession
perhaps 3-5 times.