[geeks] Verisign trying to destroy DNS and make a fast buck?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 16 19:25:05 CDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:43:04 -0500
Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Your DNS server still has to query against '.'.  Verizon is replying
> with their sitefinder dreck's A record instead of NXDOMAIN for all A
> requests.  As if the only thing DNS used for is the fucking web.

I patched tinydns ealier today, and I'm now getting NXDOMAIN for
non-existent A records.  Life is good at work and at home.

It took like, what, several months and several million dollars for
Verisign to fuck things up, and several people a matter of hours, and
very little capital, to fix it.  That's not the norm, I know.  Usually
it's the other way around. I'm still amazed though.

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum