[geeks] Cool Register article on the origins of vi and Bill Joy

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 10:24:25 CDT 2003

ThinkGeek used to have them, I bought a couple...

They had two versions one was "because we use vi..." and the other was
"becuse we use emacs..."

The shirt shows a father and son cowering, trying to hide from a police
car, apparently moving down the srett slowly looking for them with
their lights on. The son asks the father "Daddy, why are they after
us?", to which the father says "because we use vi..." or "becuase we
use emacs..."

Great shirt, unfortunately I don't have any where to wear it (where it
will be appreciated)...

Lionel

--- Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > --- Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/32780.html
> >
> > As a proud owner of the "...because we use vi" t-shirt", I thank
> > you for the link...
> >
> Oooh oooh where can I get one?

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall