[geeks] for Netapp lovers: Data ONTAP Simulator - New Version Released

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Sep 10 11:58:38 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 07:17:08AM -0400, Steve Haavik wrote:
> I believe they called it a simulator. If I thought there was a chance that
> I could get a Netapp here I'd start playing with it, but I know my boss
> doesn't like anything "new".

I'd love to get some NetApp experience without having to buy a NetApp.
It might help get me a job.  But I have neither a RedHat box nor a
NetApp support contract.

Y'know, if the NetApp folks were smart, they might be using this thing
as a marketong tool.  "Here, try a NetApp for free on one of your Linux
boxes.  Doesn't it work sweetly?   ....Now, wouldn't you like a REAL
one?"