[geeks] PDA's

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Sep 7 07:03:36 CDT 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:38:41 +0100
Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Are you *really* sure you're going to need that much space ? A
> microdrive is going to suck your pda's battery's clean in a
> distressingly short amount of time. If you replace WinCE with
> NetBSD you still may not be using as much storage as you might think
> ... how much storage did a DECstation 5000 have ? I'm doing ok on a
> Zaurus with a little under 256Mbytes, so I'd guess 512Mbytes would be
> plenty.

Shit, I've only got a 64MB multimedia card and I'm doing fine.  I
suppose a a 512MB MM card would be nice, but I can't really see a need
for it - especially with the Zaurus on the WLAN, and mouning schtuff via
NFS.  :)

> xmms is available for the Zaurus although I haven't tried it. The OPIE
> player works fine for me.

xmms works like a charm on my Zaurus.  It's not totally necessary, since
the Opie player is there, but it's nice to have.

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum