Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Mon Oct 27 13:58:05 CST 2003

    Charles> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:23:35PM -0500, Jonathan
    Charles> C. Patschke wrote:

    Charles> I thought all NASCARs were running a Ford tranny and
    Charles> rear-end now?

I thought a lot of them ran Jericho (sp?) transmissions?  I know they
all like that one rear due to the ease of changing gears.

    Charles> Aren't they all required to use the same thing from the
    Charles> clutch to the rear axle?

I haven't heard of any requirement in that direction.  Certainly the big
skill is getting the gear ratios right for the particular
track/driver/car/weather combination for a particular race.

--
David L. Kindred