Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 27 11:27:58 CST 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:38:01PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Mike F <lists at mikef.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > <flamesuit> It's the crashes :) </flamesuit>
>
> I would love to make a red splatter with Dale Ernhardt's # on it (what
> was it 3, 8, ?) and put it on the back of my car...
>
> I saw a bit of the Dale Ernhardt "memorial" TV special, it was,
> unsettling... You would think he did more than drive a very fast car in
> a near-constant left turn...

Dale Earndhart was reckless for many years, and ran many better drivers
off the road when he couldn't win fairly, and finally paid the ultimate
price for it.  He died by overdriving his car and bullying other drivers
to try and win points.  It finally caught up to him.

That, and refusing to wear anything but a near-useless helmet.

> It is a shame he died, but he was neither the first nor will he be the
> last to die at NASCAR...

The accidents are a big draw.  They should do two things:

* eliminate restictor plates, forcing drivers to exersize control
* remove half the ovals and replace them with road courses

Besides, real moonshiners drove on twisty, hilly, dangerous roads, not
in circles!  :-)